Many Faces, One Language
The mission of the University of Miami Intensive English Program is to prepare international students to enter a university in the United States by providing instruction in English. Offered through the Intensive Language Institute at the University of Miami Division of Continuing and International Education, the program helps its international students adapt to university life and American culture through a wealth of activities both inside and outside of the classroom. The program facilitates intercultural understanding, offers support and guidance related to non-academic issues, and builds ease and confidence in a new culture.
The University of Miami Intensive English Program offers a dynamic learning environment that includes:
- Five (5) levels of instruction, for beginners to advanced learners
- Academic advising that promotes study skills
- Weekly social, cultural, and recreational activities
- Conditional admission to the University for academically qualified students
The Division’s Intensive Language Institute provides language programs for professionals, organizations and corporations, and international students. Offerings include:
- Distance Language Programs
- Customized Language Programs
- Intensive English and International Law LL.M
- English for Graduate Business Studies
- Graduate English for Engineering
- Miami Law Global Summer Academy: Legal English and Skills Program
In addition, preparation for the TOEFL is available.
For more information, please visit miami.edu/iep or call +1 305-284-4000.